skin care through the ages
skin in its 20s
Skin will still produce a good amount of sebum (oil) and will have a healthy cell turnover of about every 14-25 days. Breakouts may still be an issue, and you might start seeing fine lines around the eyes.
Skin is an excellent record keeper. Sunbathing, smoking, late nights and cocktails seem like a fun idea now, but that starlet lifestyle will show up on your skin 10 years from now.
- PreCleanse helps lift make-up and debris, followed by either Special Cleansing Gel or Dermal Clay Cleanser/Clearing Skin Wash if you are oily and acne-prone.
- Start incorporating a gentle, daily exfoliant, such as Daily Microfoliant®, into your routine to clear follicles and keep skin fresh.
- Start to shield and protect the delicate eye tissue with Total Eye Care with SPF15.
- Apply a sunscreen every day to keep sun damage at a minimum and prevent hyperpigmentation (age spots). Solar Defense Booster SPF50 blends in with your moisturizer or foundation for a convenient SPF boost!
skin in its 30s
Starting with your 30th birthday, collagen production slows by 1% every year. Cell turnover slows to 30 days, which can lead to dehydration and dryness. Signs of past sun damage may start to show (age spots or brown spots), and fine lines around the eyes may be visible. Step up exfoliation to resurface as skin renewal slows, and start to feed skin with age-fighting ingredients to maintain a healthy glow.
- Banish dull, dehydrated skin with Daily Resurfacer a hydrating, skin brightening exfoliant that helps combat fine lines and hyperpigmentation.
- Treat uneven skin tone (age spots/hyperpigmentation) with C-12 Concentrate.
- Start using MultiVitamin Power Firm around the eyes to firm, smooth and shield against further damage.
- Add a more powerful moisturizer with age-fighting benefits to your regimen. Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF30 encourages skin firmness and shields against photoaging induced by UV damage.
skin in its 40s
Hormonal changes can trigger dryness and sensitization or rosacea. Wrinkles, age spots and uneven skin tone become more prominent in more zones of the face as cell turnover and collagen production slow. It's time to call on intense ingredients including peptides, antioxidant vitamins and Retinol to stimulate collagen production, repair damage, firm and shield - and maintain radiance!
- Switch to a dual-action exfoliating cleanser, such as Skin Resurfacing Cleanser, to increase penetration of active ingredients and smooth skin.
- Use a vitamin-packed treatment beneath your moisturizer for added skin recovery and defense. MultiVitamin Power Serum is a favorite!
- Make Power Rich™ your moisturizer of choice. This maximum intensity treatment helps firm, increase elasticity, hydrate, and smooth away fine lines.
- Treat multiple eye area concerns, primarily wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles and hyperpigmentation, and dehydration with Age Reversal Eye Complex containing the power of Retinol.
skin in its 50s
It's time to strengthen, energize and replenish! Menopause may start up in your 50s, triggering a 30% reduction in collagen and a dramatic increase in dryness and dehydration. Deep wrinkles, age spots and sensitivity are prominent. It's time to strengthen, energize and replenish!
- Exfoliate and energize with MultiVitamin Thermafoliant®, our warming polisher that releases vitamins and peptides into the skin.
- Follow with super-nourishing vitamin therapy from MultiVitamin Power Recovery® Masque, often times referred to an ambulance in a tube!
- Reduce any skin sensitivity, heat and flare-ups with Ultracalming™ Serum Concentrate.
- Replenish lipids and renew skin at night with Overnight Repair Serum.