the Dermalogica brand promise
Clean beauty has become all the rage in the last couple of years and if you ask us, it was about time. Clean beauty is about choosing products that are safe for you and your skin, and also about choosing brands that are taking care of the environment. Because a healthy planet is a healthy you with healthy skin.
Choosing a clean beauty brand is a step in the right direction on many accounts. Not only is it better for the environment, which means the world you live in is healthier, but it is better for your skin health too.
- Natural ingredients derived from plants and minerals tend to react less on the skin and give longer lasting results.
- Ingredients like lanolin, which is a wax derived from wool-bearing animals and a commonly-used skin care ingredient, can cause allergic reactions and skin irritations for many.
- Many skin care products are manufactured with artificial fragrances, lanolin and alcohol, which can cause skin irritation, breakouts, sensitisation and sometimes worse.
- The answer, therefore, is to always choose clean and green.
Here’s a peek into our sustainability promise so that you can breathe easy when you buy from us:
- We have been clean since 1986 and our products are free of artificial colours and fragrances, mineral oil, lanolin, S.D. alcohol, parabens and microplastics.
- Our products are cruelty-free and have been recognised to be so by PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) and Leaping Bunny.
- All but 2 of our products are vegan, which means none of the ingredients are derived from animals.
- The paper and cartons we use are FSC certified, which means they are sustainable for forests.
We, at Dermalogica, strive to be better every day by not only giving you your healthiest skin yet, but also making the world a healthy place.